OK, so I admit that I drive down Cedar a few times a week to check the status of the old house. On most days, I see; 14 cars in the driveway, one on the grass, wires in the front window from a TV blocking the beautiful window, grass taller than my knees, unkempt bushes and foliage. Just an overall sad state of affairs. Buuuut, last week I passed by and it looked mighty scarce. No cars, no people and no window coverings. I thought that was super odd. But whatever!
Today, I drive by and see a FOR SALE sign in the kitchen window. My heart starts racing. I immediately call Sara and text Steve. I had to share the news. We were all tripping out. But the nosey Miss Katy HAD to know more. So, I text my trusty real estate agent, Edgar. He's on it. I also call Jennifer to look it up on ZIPREALTY.COM. She found nothing. Edgar found nothing. Hmmmmm...what a mystery.
After work, I drove back by to investigate myself. It was indeed a FOR SALE sign. Next to it was a type written NOTICE OF ABANDONMENT. And on the dining room window is a NOTICE OF EVICTION. WOW! Our poor house has been through soooo much in the last 3 years. Edgar is checking into whats really going on. Hopefully I will know more details tomorrow. But what I do know is that the folks that lived there...TORE it up. THe back yard is nothing but dirt, a nasty tore up dog house, random trash every where. Inside I could see ruined walls, knobs and fixtures torn off, ruined hard wood floors, etc.
The question is...would I have bought that house instead if the prospect had arisen? I'm kind of torn. I have nothing but memories of that house. It would be cool to get back in there. BUT, the area is not so great, alot of apartments, visions of my mom and it's time to make NEW memories on Caspian. We are having a great time making Caspian our own. SO, which is the right decision? I'm confused! Too bad, I couldn't just pick up the CEDAR house and move it to another location. OH WELL!
more demo updates on CASPIAN to come...just gotta upload the pics.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
mixed emotions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 folks said...:
no, i think you made the right decision. you want to leave that house w/the wonderful memories of Mud, lbcc afterschool hang out, bomb nachos, etc. you will indeed (as tito fred would say to his dear kathy) make new wonderful memories at Caspian.
Post a Comment