Saturday, December 27, 2008

my angel...

MARY JANE CONNELLY STINE
1932-2004

Four years ago today....my mom lost her battle with cancer. This battle only lasted 17 days but it was the worst 17 days of all of our lives!

I strive to be like her. If I am only HALF the woman she turned out to be, I will be phenomenal! I have become a 1st Grade teacher, which she did up until she retired in 96. I was born at St. Marys hospital at 10:37 pm...she passed away in the SAME hospital, at the SAME time! I am a spitting image of her.

I love and miss her so much! I know that she would be proud of me. It is because of her that I continue to push through my trials and tribulations!

3 folks said...:

auts said...

that's for sure, Katy. Your mom would be so proud of you for pushing on. I know you miss your mom everyday... i wish there was a way I could take some of your pain away. i'm always here if you need me.. luv ya.

Anonymous said...

In loving memory. What a honorable tribute to your mother. I'm sure she knew you would become the phenomenal woman that you are.

Helen said...

what a great post to honor your mom...i'm sure she's smiling down on you always. that pic looks JUST like you! :)